Apples are notorious for their nutritional benefits; they’re 85% water and high in potassium and vitamins A and C. Perhaps even more beneficial is the malic acid, an exfoliating enzyme in apples that is useful for removing dead skin cells and surface dirt.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh apple puree or apple sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients, stirring well. In the bath or shower, apply scrub to skin in a circular motion, using a washcloth, bath gloves, or a loofah sponge. Pay special attention to rough spots like elbows, heels, and knees. Rinse well, and follow with a rich body lotion.
Note: If using on the face, omit granulated sugar. Brown sugar, because it dissolves gently, is a more appropriate choice for the delicate skin of the face.
* Courtesy of The Bachelor Gulch Spa at The Ritz-Carlton